Water conservation tips we encourage are:
- Water yards between 8:00 pm and 10:00 am.
- Know how to turn off your automatic sprinkler system in case of a malfunction or it rains.
- Adjust sprinklers so only your lawn or garden is watered and not the house, sidewalk or street.
- Water your plants deeply but less frequently to encourage deep root growth and drought tolerance.
- Do not wash sidewalks and driveway with water.
- A running water hose can discharge up to 10 gallons per minute.
- Run your dishwasher and clothes washer only when they are full. This could save you several hundred gallons per month.
- Repair leaking faucets. A faucet dripping can waste up to 140 gallons per week.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth. This can save up to 5 gallons of water per day per person.
Edwards Aquifer Conservation Resources
Edwards Aquifer Educational Materials